Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How can I adjust dome? it needs to come foward

Always Smokin
Always Smokin Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know how to adjust the dome so it can come foward about 3/4". When I cook pizza and get it up to 600-700 it seems to need some attention. From Bolts or gaskets and now it seems to come out of alignment and the dome needs to come foward about 3/4 of an inch. any input would be great.also do i really need a gasket mine is all chard away from pizza cooking.

Comments

• Did it / does it also open and / close hard?
    Don't know if I'll be able to get back to with more until after work.
  • seems to open and close fine i dont know about closing hard it always has been the same. egg is only 3 months old
  • I would check to make sure the bands are seated against the lip all the way around.

For example - this is not good enough
    IMG
  • If it were opening or closing hard you would know it…
    I asked, because I had some major trouble a while back (so did a few others) when I really had to grunt to open my Egg and it closed equally hard. After a few of these cycles I didn’t even dare open it. Mine was seven months old at that time!
    Don’t really know what went wrong, but some how the hinge was binding and NOTHING I would do made it better.
    After loosening the four hinge bolts it would open and close just fine, but never lined up right and often didn’t seal either.
    BTW, are you getting a good seal?
    I had the darn thing (everything) apart and back together many times before I got a new band / hinge assembly from the dealer (warranty by the way) and installed it. I haven’t had any problems in the past two + years!
    Maybe if we see a pic or two…We might spot something