Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All Clear Sounded?

Gandolf
Gandolf Posts: 906
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looks like everyone is back to using Photobucket. Just "chancing it" or has there been some kinsd of fix to their site? Just curious.

Comments

• Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    I can't even get on the site. Is it free once I do get on? and is it easy to use?
  • Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Bob, That looks great!!! what is that? It looks like tuna. Do you have a recipe for it?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    im using it sparingly and thru the advice of the guy who just fixed this puter from the virus running thru photobucket, im using it thru firefox, if that helps we shall only see. i cant see starting over with another place as i have well over a thousand pics in pbucket
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    Great looking tuna there Bob. Nice crust!

I hadn't had any issues with photobucket, but I hadn't used it very much over the last 2 months either.
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    I got skeered by all the problems people reported with Photobucket. I have a Smugmug account that I use for non-food pics, and just succeeded in posting a picture from Smugmug to the OT forum. It was Easy Peasy. Looks like I'll be using Smugmug from this point on.

Uglydog
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

got the fix for what hit you and writing a post on it in a few minutes.

GG
  • fishlessman
    will be bookmarking the fix. was actually good that it happened in the long run, he said my harddrive was going to crash in the near future and he upgraded that and fixed the fan in the back that was doing more damage, said he put anout 6 hours into getting the bugs out and getting everthing back up to snuff, at about 250 it was really a bargain considering what was going to happen with my old harddrive
    fukahwee maine

• Thanks Mark-
    that was a delicious piece of fish and maybe the easiest cook possible.

Tuna Steak (Yellowfin) , lightly coated with EVOO and generously sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and black pepper to taste.

seared 60 seconds per side (on the mini, so it was close to the coals, but I don't remember the temp)

I'm the only one in my house that eats it. Younger daughter has tried it a few times- she'll eat it but doesn't really enjoy it.

I just remembereed I'm on a Mac at home so the virus probably didn't affect me. Hope I'm not passing it on!
  • Grandpas Grub

When I first read of your problem it was nothing like what Richard was experiencing. I was way off base and until I got hit I didn't understand what you went through.

It is great you have a 'fix-it' person you can trust.

I am not whiz or expert on virus's but this was more like a burr under the saddle for me.

The fix I ended up doing took 3 seconds with 1 routine and then 7 minutes running the malwarebytes scan. However, it took me close to 8 hours to get to a point where I could do the 'quick fix'.

In one way or another I have worked on and have been servicing personal computers since the mid 70's - all the way back to TRS-80's, Apple II's and such.

Heat and dust are pretty harmful to these computers. If your hard drive was going out it's good you got it replaced.

Kent
  • fishlessman
    the guy that fixes it built it, people think im nuts not just buying new off the shelf, but for a hundred or so dollars more he builds it and fixes it and he is honest, money well spent for me, i spent too much time tring to fix it myself
    fukahwee maine

• Grandpas Grub

"he is honest"... that is worth it's weight in gold.

I would sure hate to be at the mercy of some of the people out there.

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    I set up a Picturetrail account and will prolly use that for now. My problem is that I'm not smart enough to know if that site is any more resistant to virus attack than Photobucket.