Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New member price question XL egg

Options
Tomjohn
Tomjohn Posts: 45
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recieved a price quote for a XL egg with nest, plate setter, vented cover, ash tool and large v rack for 1280.00 out the door. IS this a good price or do I need to keep looking for a better deal.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I'm not sure what they are asking for an extra large egg these days but it sounds like they want around $900. for the egg plus the other stuff. If i'm correct than I know the going price for a large is anywhere from $699. to $799. so, I think you got a fair price quoted to you. Will see if anyone else chimes in here. Just my opinion. Tim
  • Tomjohn
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have never looked at a egg in person but after the info i have read on this site I am ready to buy. I just want to get a fair price.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I agree about a fair price. We also want a good dealer to deal with in the future because later on you may have issues and you need a dealer who will adhere to the life time warranty you get with a new purchase. I'm about to go to bed but maybe some else will expound on this some more. Tim
  • asianflava
    Options
    I think that's pretty much the going price. I've bought other things where they couldn't really budge on the price. Instead, they would throw things in the "package" for free.