Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2010 Texas Egg Fest

Options
slegoace
slegoace Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok everyone here is the where and when for the long awaited Texas Egg Fest. First the Where, we are still going to be at the Oasis on Lake Travis

Now the When May 1st 2010 from 9am -6pm More information as well as the pricing for the demo eggs will be on the BBQ Outfitters web site in the coming weeks. Thank you to all that make this an event to remember. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 512-347-1988 or for the out of towners 1-877-274-7455

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    We'll start making plans to be there.

Spring "Gonna Be A Busy Summer" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What happened to April 24TH?
    Texas Eggfest 2010 Date
    Date: 2009/05/11 14:44 By: GrillMeister

Platinum Egger

Bob and I talked about the date for the Texas Eggfest next year and he agreed to move it up a couple weeks for some cooler weather.

Texas Eggfest 2010 will be on Saturday, April 24th.

Location is the same, so mark your calendars for 4/24/2010 for the next one.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Options
    I'm reading May 1st and April 24th.

Which is correct?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I'm sure the 1st is correct. Just asking the question of what happened to the 24TH if that's what Bob had said? Just trying to be sure slegoace (Scott) and Bob have talked.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I had the 24th marked and taken off at the office already. Also turned down a nice freelance job for the 24th weekend. Might just do the OKC one again this year. May 1st looks bad for getting off work. I'm sure there is reason again for the date changes but it makes it hard to plan.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Hey, Darian. Since you're already off, just zip on down I-10 to Gulfport, MS for the 1st Annual Gulf Coast Eggfest on April 23-24 !

Info is on the banner above!
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    Leroy,
    Now you and Spring Hen can come to the Gulf Coast Eggfest as well!
  • texasAUtiger
    Options
    I hope to be there!

Having never been to one, can someone describe the format, goings on, etc.? I assume you pay a fee to get in and people are cooking goodies for consumption...
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    We're thinking on it.

Our friend Henry (PapaEgg) from New Orleans plans on being there. He just had surgery and is anxious to get back to Egging on his new but only slightly used Egg that he purchased after attending the after party in Atlanta. I told him he would be doing himself a big favor by attending the Gulf Coast Fest because there will be a lot of good Eggers there.

It will actually be his first Eggfest. He'll be loaded with questions and probably a sizable appitite.

Spring "Pondering Gives Me A Headache" Chicken
  • bobbyb
    Options
    Look forward to meeting him, and will do all I can to answer any questions he has. Tell him to look me up.
  • bobbyb
    Options
    If you have questions, please email me at bullard235@bellsouth.net or call me 228 223-4359