Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Ribs this side of the Pecos

Options
LoneStarEgg
LoneStarEgg Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made these Sunday
Rubbed and ready to Smoke for 2 hrs at 275
DSCN0074.jpg

Then after another 3 hrs in an aluminum pan covered with foil at 250 - 275
DSCN0076.jpg

Back on the grate
DSCN0077.jpg

Add the Sauce and smoke for another 1 hr at 250
DSCN0081.jpg

Ready to eat
DSCN0082.jpg

Comments

• trlowder
    Options
    These look better than those I did on Sunday :woohoo:
    I could not get the membrane off. My first try at ribs, they were good, but I think I'll try this dummy-proof method. Thanks for the details of the cook.
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    Hey LoneStarEgg! Nice clean egg, see you are a newby like me (finishing my first year on Egg).

What part of TX are you from?

Ribs look very nice!!!! Myself, working on no foil or liquids, more smoke for ribs. Learning a few tricks with EGG, but thats what makes if fun! I figure, another year of eating delicious ribs I may have an idea of what I want ! B) :P
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    According to legend there is no law against good ribs west of the Pecos either LOL

Those look good.

Spring "No Laws, No Need For Lawyers" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • LoneStarEgg
    Options
    Yes the Egg is only a week and a half old. I'm in Allen, are you in TX?
  • LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    Yep, over in Keller, northeast of Fort Worth.

You will love your BGE. It will take about 6 months to really get it figured out - I still mess up now and then.

Few tips I have figured out:

1. I have tried many lumps, but ended up with Royal Oak, who also makes BGE lump (for about $20 something a bag!). Royal Oak is at Walmart for about 6.50 a bag! Excellent stuff.

2. Read up on spatchcock chicken! Good stuff, easy to cook, and you can add bbq sauce to finish. Loved by all.

3. GET A THERMOMETER! I use the Maverick E-73, which is my favorite toy. Can measure meat temp AND oven temps at same time. I cook strictly to temperature, as I ALWAYS overcooked stuff in past, especially pork.

4. Resist the urge to open top! Design of egg works best if egg remains closed for extended periods.

5. Have fun! Try new things (typically not when neighbors coming over) and read the posts on the site for tons of info.

Dave in Keller, TX