Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL Burn-Out Temp w/Nomex???????

Options
USDA Prime
USDA Prime Posts: 89
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just took off a wild boar front shoulder - yummy!!! Thought I'd give the XL it's 1st burnout with the remaining lump. Up to 525 now. What the ideal temp and for how long?
Thanks

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    USDA Prime, 500° plus will probably work good for an hour or so. Be careful some people have melted their gasket doing a clean. I may go as far at to say BGE's that have dome alignment issues my find portions their gasket fried. I have a large egg and I have done clean burns with out any problems. Depending on how much of a build up you have I have heard of some taking a ball of foil and scrubbing the inside of the dome when finished. Best to ya. ;) Tim
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Place anything you want cleaned (DMFT, grills etc.) in the Egg. 600+* for about 2 hours should do it.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    USDA Prime, For some reason I did not see you had a nomax gasket! :ohmy: Hell I've got a nomax gasket and have had no troubles. Tim