Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my ginormous ham

Options
Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
call me a scardycat, but I woke up twice during the middle of the night to check on my ham, even though I have the Guru attached to the egg and all.

Both times I got up the temp was right where I left it. I'm shooting for a 10 am finish, so that it can rest b4 I pull it apart. :woohoo:
I can't wait to start devouring that hunk of MEAT.

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Do you need a taster? Have taste buds will travel! :P :laugh: yum yum
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    I am sure it will be yummy! May we see a picture please. Are you making this for anything special or just cause you can? ;)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sweet!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Hey Jan, good to hear from ya.

Sounds like you got Good Eats going for a while with your big ham. Ham-n-Eggs, Ham Sandwiches, Ham grilled cheese, Ham Mac-n-cheese, Ham Bone Soup.......Dang I need to go get me another Ham. :)

Ron

PS. DOnt be a stranger
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    can't do a pic, my computer is on its last legs....so to speak

the ham was deelish, I served some plain with BBQ sauce on the side, and I marinated some in a NC vinegar sauce.

we had coleslaw, pickles, lima beans, green beans, a chicken squash salad, collards, and 2 cakes....all to die for.

I got meat leftover, lots of it!!!!!!!!
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    We are still eating leftovers from Christmas. Plus the ham bone made soup and potato rolls...still full