Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Community Meal - 2009

UnConundrumUnConundrum Posts: 536
edited 9:44PM in EggHead Forum
We did our 2nd annual Community Meal in Reading, PA yesterday in all the rain and snow :) I did a bunch of chuck roasts and all the trimmings :) Didn't get many photos due to gloves for serving, but a few follow.

BIG THANKS to Fred from Fred's Music and BBQ (SmokingGuitarPlayer) who helped out by loaning us some eggs and provided all the charcoal and rub. We needed those extra eggs :) Oh, and lowercase bill who showed up to lend a hand, tending to the eggs as I was serving, and the salad for the masses he brought with him :)

web.jpg?ver=12600623170001

web.jpg?ver=12600623420001

web.jpg?ver=12600623860001

web.jpg?ver=12600624140001

web.jpg?ver=12600624470001

web.jpg?ver=12600624460001

Comments

• pictures do not do justice to how much food was really there.
    if anyone wants info on making mass quantities of salad. i am now a self proclaimed expert and will be glad share what i learned.

7859d303.jpg

a640970d.jpg

914751da.jpg

be5236f8.jpg

8e462628.jpg

daea950b.jpg
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Kudos to all involved! That's a lot of salad man. :blink: I'm sure the community appreciates your charity.
  • nice job warren and all who helped. .. as i said in my post below, i'm really pround of all you central PA eggers and fred for what you guys did up there again!! ...
  • bill,

I hope you have a mandoline :blink:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Wow! Well done.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice job guys!! That's great!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    WOW,
    Ya did a bang up job there.

Congratulations,
    Bordello
  • it was Warren's show.. 120 lbs of cow , soup with 60 lbs of chicken,, and many others brought sides mashed and sweet taters, rice, mac and cheese, corn and bean casseole and a bazillion desserts as well. it was well staffed with warrens freinds family ans associates..
    lots of people did lots...
  • used the cuisinart for shrooms carrots and cukes the rest was a chance for me to put my japanese knives to work .. i do have a bron, though
  • unconundrum has some serious cooking and organizational skills unfortunately we did not get many pix of the event
  • took me two glasses of sherry and a whole bottle of wine to do that B)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    VERY COOL! B)
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Ha,
    Now were talking, way to go. :woohoo:

Keep on with it,
    Bordello
  • That must have been quite an event