Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dealer Demo Yesterday

Options
BayouMark
BayouMark Posts: 284
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked for a dealer demo for Indoor/Outdoor Living in Lafayette, La. The weather was great except for a stiff breeze (aftermath of huge storm system). Here's a list of what I cooked:
8lb butt cooked overnight the night before.
10 lb turkey
ABT's
shrimp wrapped in bacon
asparagus wrapped in bacon
broccoli wrapped in bacon
portabellas, egg plant coins, potato coins
shrimp kabobs
12 lbs sausage
10 lbs 1 1/2 in steaks
5 lbs ham steaks
4 pork tenderloins and 1 8lb loin
grilled pine apple
I fired up a large and and XL and had the turkey on the xl and used it for most of the horsdeourves. Used the large for direct sears and nuclear temps. Everyone raved. It was my first so I was nervous as a cat. Must have had 50-60 people. They sold 3 eggs, a ton of accs, Dizzy Pig rubs, Bad Byrons and some of their own sauces.
I was surprised the number of egg owners who do not understand indirest cooking. They were astounded that I could cook a turkey and ABT's at the same time. The only draw back was the breeze I had to reload both eggs twice. Something I have never done. Bottom line is the demo went great and the owners were very pleased and generous. Here's some pics:
IMG_0112.jpg
Butt ready to go on the egg Friday 7 PM

Me and grandson

IMG_0111.jpg

Me and the eggs.IMG_0113.jpg

Sorry for no finished food pics. As soon as I finished a dish it went inside to the hungry customers. I cooked from 1030 Am til around 3:30 PM and got to meet a bunch of great potential new eggers. Also got to talk up Dizzy Pig and Bad Byrons.
As for me today I'm pretty pooped.

Comments