Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobster Tails on My Egg! YUM!

Options
GeorgiaBorn
GeorgiaBorn Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried something new tonight. Cooked lobster tails and honestly, I have never tasted anything that good. I found a thread on another forum after doing search for cooking lobster. I took the tails and cut the little fins/legs off and then cut the membrane off that covers the meat. I turned the tails over and took a sharp knife and split the shells lengthwise so they flattened out a bit. Put a teaspoon of olive oil on the meat side and then added spices....garlic and onion powder, kosher salt, pepper. Then squeezed the juice of one lime over both tails.

Started the BGE and let it heat to about 550 and then brought it down to 450. Put two ears of corn on the egg about 2 minutes before putting the tails on. These were shucked ears. Put the tails on meat side down and maintained 450. Skewered some baby portabellas after marinating for about an hour in balsamic and garlic. Put those on the grill at the same time as the lobster tails.

Turned the corn a 1/4 turn about every 2 minutes, keeping them in the back of the grill and not over the heat of the middle. After the lobster tails were on for 5 minutes, I capped the top of the BGE and closed the damper. Turned the tails over and let them roast for another 5 minutes, while turning the corn a couple of more times.

Took everything off after that last 5 minutes. Since the shells were split on the tails prior to cooking, the meat came out with little effort after taking them off the grill. These lobster tails were so good, I didn't even use drawn butter. The shrooms were perfect and my wife ate both ears of corn. She is allergic to shellfish....more for me! HEHE.

The gas grill sits alone in a dark corner of the deck. LMAO!

Comments