Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Check out todays woot !!

Options
Big'un
Big'un Posts: 5,909
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey gang, This is a great deal and if you have kids or grand kids,I feel that this is a "must have" item. I tested my kids with our normal fire alarms and they hunkered under their covers more to escape the noise from the smoke alarms. But when I talked to them, they sat up in their bed from the sound of my voice. These are proven to wake the children better than the normal smoke detectors.

With the cooler weather moving in, a lot of us will be doing more overnight cooks, and possibly staying inside for more of the cook then during the warmer times. The reality is some of us have lost/damaged their homes to fires. Stepping down from my soapbox now.

http://www.woot.com/

Comments

• Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about how your voice works better with the kids than the alarm. I never would have imagined that.
    I always wondered why smoke alams were not connected because if a fire starts in the middle of the night in your living room, that alarm will never wake you in your bedroom with the door closed and the central unit running. Well they now have interconnected wired units for new houses, and wireless battery units for existing homes. When one alarm trips, all alarms go off. I have the wireless ones made by Kidde and they work very well.
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Todd, you know that's a pretty cool product but, not for nothing, I'd sit up in my bed at the sound of your voice. :laugh:
  • Big'un
    Options
    I also have those too. Do a test run with the old ones, and have your spouse watch the kids reaction. You'll know getting these are a good choice. I went to weeklong safety class this summer for wrk and they showed so much video of kids burrowing under the covers to get away from the noise. My kids did the same thing. But I can call to them in the middle of the night from the other end of the house and they get up. It's worth losing that bit of sleep, to know how your kids will react.
  • Big'un
    Options
    You got that right, big boy! :laugh: :laugh: Honestly, calling them, not yelling at them. BTW, they reacted the same way with Jeannie calling them.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Todd,

Amen Brother! And carbon monoxide too.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON