Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

placesetter emergency

probieprobie Posts: 102
edited 10:45AM in EggHead Forum
I have 4 racks of ribs thawed and ready to cook I went out to get the BGE and discovered that one of the legs has broken off right on the corner I know how to fix the the placesetter but what to do with the ribs. Would I be able to cook them without the placesetter?

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Do you have any of the raised grate options?
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • DryFlyDryFly Posts: 351
    I'm sure you can find something around the house to prop up that corner and finish your cook. Next you get a Woo3 or a Woo2 and a 14" drip pan from CGS with a 14" BGE pizza stone. I put my Platesetter back in the box after I got them and never usedd it again. CGS accessories are very versatile and better made than BGE stuff, IMHO. You won't regret it.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    probie,

Can't you use it inverted?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Crumple up some aluminum foil to make a leg for the plate setter.
  • Get a couple of metal rods or some flat stock cut to size then lay them on the fire ring and sit your plate setter on them legs up.
  • probieprobie Posts: 102
    Thank You!!!!!!!!! I was able able to rig the placesetter inverted and it has enough bite to stay put on the fire ring so the ribs are cooking any look pertty tastey