Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wet Lump :(

Options
Teach42
Teach42 Posts: 219
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not the greatest start to my first attempt at brisket. Got it all rubbed down, and head outside to fire up the Egg. Light rain, but no big deal. I've got a patio umbrella that I prop up. However, I go to the supposedly water tight bin that I keep my lump in, which sits next to my egg outside........

and there's about 2-3 inches of water in there.
:( :angry: :( :angry: :(

Nearly all the giant sized pieces I'd been setting aside for this cook were wet. So I scraped off the top pieces that were sitting above the water line and put those on the bottom and in the middle. Then I took the mildly damp ones and started putting those around the outside to fill it up. Didn't quite get to the top of the firebox, but pretty close. Hoping that by the time the charcoal burns outwards, the heat will have dried those pieces off.

Hoping that'll work, any votes of confidence?

I took the stuff that was swimming and poured it out onto a drop cloth in the garage and spread it around to let it dry out. Think I'll be able to use it once it dries? Or am I best off just throwing all that stuff out?

Oy, hope that's the worst of it and the cook only gets better from here.

Comments