Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NiEggarafest - pic heavy

Options
2»

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just look at the pics from OKC :whistle::whistle: You just wait Anne :evil: :evil: You'll be a member of team hardcore but you won't remember until you see the pics :ohmy: :woohoo: ;) Hey Randy and Egret,,, you still have that sombrera??? Were gonna need it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Thanks Julie,, I know you remember,, as for Paco the gardener he's gonna have a helluva hole to dig out of :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    No it was Steve's fault,, Don't worry Mark he does that to everyone then tries to blame Poolman or Sparky but this happened to be your turn. We have a plan for Steve and Anne next month, I'll fill you in later :evil: :evil: :whistle:;)
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    We'll see who's the first to make "Team Lightweight". :woohoo:
    Pack lost. You can call whenever. I'll be home all night.
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I took the sombrero back to the liquor store in OKC. They borrowed it to me from their Jose Cuervo display. I think we can find another sombrero in Atlanta for you.:)
    BTW- Those pics in OKC are very deceiving. I bartended all night long for a group up in my room and I was exhausted and laid down and fell asleep. It's not what you think. Those pics painted a bad piture of that evening! :woohoo:
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    Oh,,, so now the pictures lie? :whistle::whistle: EEWWW you just wait :evil: :evil: :evil:
    PS Del I apologize in advance ;) :laugh: :laugh:
  • maXim
    maXim Posts: 468
    Options
    Mark,

it was a pleasure to meet you and your sister!!! We had a great time!!!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I told you already. Your carrying me shortstop. B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JudyFoodie
    Options
    Mark, those are great pics. Thanks to you and your sister (along with Steven, Maxim, Larry and Cannughead) for helping me to find an answer to the "size of cast iron grid to match the spider" question. I came home and looked it up and it is a small grid. Thank goodness I didn't take the chance and buy the medium one on site. Only thing is I don't think they sell the small one in Canada.

Steven, what was that bottled sauce you used on your pulled pork? It was awesome!
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Great pics and thanks for sharing.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Judy,

It's called Bessimers (I think?) It was a gift from either Miles of Smiles or Charleston Dave (They both gave me bottles) I have never seen it here :(

I did three butts with that and two with a pibil style marinade.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Precioso Felicidades to all of you!!!!! ;)
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Mark,

I just got back from the fest. It sounds like we made a good decision to quit the after party when we did. Not sure if the drive back to Ottawa would have been that pleasant if I had stuck around to close down that bar.

Tim, Virginia and the folks at Lakeshore Living and Harbour View Estates Winery deserve a lot of credit for putting on a first class event. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting everyone.

I quickly downloaded the pictures that I had taken and here are some samples:

069.jpg

073.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

085.jpg

093.jpg

095.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Little Steven
    Options
    Charles,

Glad you made it home safely. What a great time. Pleasure meeting you guys!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nelson8836
    Options
    Hi Tim,
    I just want to send my thanks to you and Virginia for such a wonderful weekend. The Eggfest was so well organized and a top class event, you guys worked your butts off. We brought our friends who aren't eggheads and they had an amazing time. I'm not sure but after this EggFest they may be hooked. Thanks again and looking forward to next years event.
    Norma
  • Hi Norma:

Just a quick note to say thanks for watching the kids in the pool on Saturday night!

Great family - wishing your son a happy birthday tomorrow.

Michael
  • Nelson8836
    Options
    Hi Michael,
    I had a great time with you and your kids. What a great bunch you have and I have to say your son is adorable he made a few comments and just had us in stitches.
    We would love to have the family over for a BBQ one weekend.
    I think the girls would have a blast.
  • I'll bring the beer and wine!

Michael
  • Nelson8836
    Options
    Just don't bring an Egg.... We have plenty of those around. ;)
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Mark, thanks for sharing these great photos especially the harbour views since I didn't stay at the Best Western. It was great meeting you, WWsis and all other wonderful folks. What a great start for my first fest!
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    maXim, it was great meeting you and Veronique, you and Steve made quite a party pair :P
    -Gary
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Judy, it was nice meeting you, I also saw your hubby and lovely children later. Glad I could help out with your CI grid decision.
    -Gary
    canuckland