Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Thighs Direct: Finally = Delicious

2»

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC08979a.jpg

Well, I decided that with all the interest on thighs (I didn't count on this many responses and e-mails), it would be best to put up a page on the recipe page of my site. The first part went up today. Hint, it's all about the fat. Yuck, there is a lot of fat on chicken skin that we don't need. And the skin cooks up better without it.

I'm hoping on getting feedback via e-mail from the folks that try this out, and that will become part of the article. Hopefully we will all share and learn a little. I'll be updating the page often.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • mojo
    mojo Posts: 220
    I have nothing to add, other than to say that your article on the perfect thighs is really shaping up. Thanks thirdeye, and thanks to the original poster of this thread for bringing chicken thighs to the front page of the egghead forum!
  • Thanks thirdeye. I will try it out soon and provide some feedback.

I hope this thank you message doesn't piss off some of the "regulars" on this forum.