Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Throwdown raving fan thread!

Large MargeLarge Marge Posts: 404
edited 1:42PM in EggHead Forum
Just took a quick first glance at the entries as they are going up...WOW...WOW...WOW...you people are GOOD!

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    HOLY COW!! This is going to be tough!!!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Whats with the ribs? I know other ingredients are allowed, but this individual obviously put no effort into the Throwdown other than emailing an entry. It shouldn't be part of the thread IMO. It's insulting to those who made the effort.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    My guess is someone sent the wrong photo links. I doubt it was intentional or intended as an insult.
  • I've asked for a correction.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    it's just a joke....

c'mon. let's not take this even more serious than it already has become.

hahaha

i thought it was funny
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    just FYI....
    the entries aren't entirely anonymous :whistle:
    LOL....leave it to you Stike. :) I think everyone is going to be exposed after the judging.
  • GrumpsGrumps Posts: 182
    I do not know how the ribs got in there, but it is pretty funny to me. Don't worry, the ribs won't win. I appreciate the effort that you and the others put into the throwdown. As much work as you put in, you know it was the experience that you did it for, so my advice is just laugh at the ribs!
    and I dont think it was a mistake. Someone posted yesterday that they were gonna submit ribs for the heck of it, I forget who it was.

Look, Im not sitting here red in the face planning revenge or anything. I just think someone is being a jackass and their post shouldnt be included, thats all. This throwdown isnt just about winning, its about participating and having and experiencing new things, not as a platform high school humor.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Indeed you are correct sir.
    great stuff. holy cow. i thought there'd be maybe five or six entries based on the last go 'round
    it's all in good fun...

i'm sure 99% of the folksthat opened the post laughed when they saw it.

"a little nonsense now andthen..."
    hahaha
  • TXTrikerTXTriker Posts: 1,177
    My sincere compliments to the cooks who came up with some really nice looking and thought out cooks.

I also commend the originator of these Throwdowns for the idea and thought he put into making this work and it just keeps getting better all the time.