Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wireless thermometer question

Options
EgginRN
EgginRN Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was bored tonight, put on two stuff pork loins, My weber wireless probe is rising quick, fire stable at 340, are these things accurate, false temp reading?

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    My "Style" was good and gave it to a new egger buddy. Now have a Maveric and love the dual temp info. They are pretty cheep. Get one ;)
  • ckillian
    ckillian Posts: 73
    Options
    What I've figured out is that initially, the temps do rise very quickly. So quickly that I've thought something was going wrong. But every time, whatever I'm cooking has hit a plateau and slowed down.

I'm cooking a couple of pork butts as we speak. Using the Maverick ET-73. Cooking at 210-225 degrees, the internal temp of the butts went from about 40 degrees to about 140 degrees within just a couple of hours, but they have now settled into the plateau at around 162. Things will go much slower now.