Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Macaroni and Cheese

Options
Eggscriber
Eggscriber Posts: 276
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello eggpeeps,
Just a photo of something gently baked on the egg. I cooked it indirect at 400 for about a half an hour. I hope everyone is having some good cooks this Sunday.

IMG_2280.jpg

Comments

• Bulldog Mom
    Options
    OMG. Makes my mouth water. You need to post the recipe. :side:
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Steve, I can be there real fast, is there any of that left :)
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Yummeee! Mac-n-cheese...oh and on the egg even...doesn't get any better than that! Looks awesome please post recipe! :)
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    YUM!! Recipe/method!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Eggscriber
    Eggscriber Posts: 276
    Options
    My wife makes this all of the time without a formal recipe, but this is what she tells me: Fully cook macaroni. Put a shallow layer in a buttered cassarole dish. Cover the first layer of macaroni with grated sharp cheddar cheese. Salt to taste. Add another layer of macaroni. Cover again with grated sharp cheddar. Add more salt. Pour in milk, at least 2% or whole until it's about half way up the inside of the pan. She tells me that she does not measure any of this and it really doesn't matter. If you are using a dish with a higher side, you may need a third layer. Just be sure to have enough cheese in it to mingle with the macaroni if your dish is deep. Cook at 375 until the dish is bubbling and the cheese is golden brown. This is the desired result:

IMG_2286.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Steve, thanks to you and your wife! I can see adding onion, ham and all sorts of other flavors.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Can't beat mac 'n cheese. Being egged puts it over the top. Great job!
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Steve,

I never thought mac & cheese would get some many cooks following it. :laugh: Just goes to show you how a nicely prepared and cooked dish catches on. I've got your wife's recipe in my BGE cook book. Thanks for sharing.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Nice looking mac and cheese. Great job.

Patti
    Wichita, KS