Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freeezing Salsa?

Options
tach18k
tach18k Posts: 1,607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to transport about a quart of salsa for a 4 hour flight. I will vacuum seal the package. But I also need to keep it cold for safe usage. It will go in my checked baggage while flying. How do I keep it cold? Will freezing ruin it. How about one of those blue cold packs sealed with salsa packed in another. It will be in my suitcase.

thanks

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I wouldn't freeze it cause it will change the consistency and the fresh ingredients could become mushy. I don't know your ingredients, but usually there is nothing in salsa that would spoil within a 4 hour time period. Just get it real, real chilled and wrap it up tight with some cold packs. I think you will be fine that way.

Faith
    Tampa
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Must be some really good stuff. :)
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Ya, it is more nostalgic then good. My friend hasn't had this stuff for over 15 years or so. I'm also taking See's candy, they don't have that in their area except at Christmas. Also a few cans of Shasta Tiki Punch.