Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking/Timing Help Needed

TigerMark89
TigerMark89 Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a party on Saturday and I need help with the timing. I will be cooking on a Large Egg and we will be eating around 1pm on Saturday.

I have 4 5.5lb pork butts, and around 6-8 racks of baby back ribs (I usually cook 3/1/1). Just for fun I will be cooking hamburgers and hot dogs after all of the pork.

I'm confused, should I cook ribs on Friday and reheat Saturday or Butts Friday night and Ribs early Saturday.

Open to suggestions......

P.S. How many racks will fit in a Large BGE?????

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Pulled pork is almost as good two months later thawed as it is fresh IMO. Ribs are not. Cook the butt first then ribs fresh. Got a medium so can't help on the large question.
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Well im waiting on my First BGE to be delivered as i type but from what ive read if your using a rib rack the large will hold 7 racks of ribs. I can be sure of that its just what ive read on the BGE site as tonight will be my first experience cooking on one
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM