Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mackshack day 4

icemncmth
icemncmth Posts: 1,165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The foundation is done now the deck will be put on..!!!

a1861041879040df9b71ea468a8d09e2.jpg

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Man are you going to have a lot of room.Looks like a that is going to be 30'x16'. Just curious as to what those concrete forms that have a U shape cut out on top of the block are for? Are they for additional support? I was thinking of doing a similar project come Fall.
  • Smokin' T
    Smokin' T Posts: 259
    After being in the construction trades, and owner of a residential & commercial framing business for a number of years, it's nice to see individuals who take pride in their work. Good looking job. ;););)

Tom
    Dunedin,Fl
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Looking good.

I don't see any plumbing evidence. Are you going to plumb through the floor or through the wall? What about skirting around the base to keep varments out?

I built mine as close to the ground as possible (too lazy to climb stairs). Sometimes I think it would be good to have some ventilation under the floor.

Keep the photos coming.

Spring "Four Floors And Seven Days Ago" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • icemncmth
    The blocks are support. I live in Oklahoma and we have clay instead of dirt. I do have some of the posts in concrete to keep the thing from blowing over. The blocks are there to give added support to the cross members. I built a deck 25 years ago the same way and it is still there!.

The size is 18'x12'
  • icemncmth
    Plumbing is going to go out of the wall. The reason is I am just running cold water and I haven't decided if I am going to plumb to my sewer yet. I don't want to go under because of the cold in Oklahoma. It would be easier to fix from the wall.

To keep the varmints out I have westies. They love to go under things!!!..I still might put a skirt for looks..

I am building high enough to have two steps up because I am going to build a small deck in front of it for looks an to give someplace for my wife to put pots and such.!