Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skirt Steak

Options
407BGE
407BGE Posts: 187
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked up some fajitas last night and they were awesome! I marinated in Worcestershire, oil & garlic. I looked at some recipies and it called for cooking the skit steak for 5 - 7 minutes per side on a hot grill. That sounded excessive as I had the egg dialed in at 600 dome and likely much hotter at the grid level.

Instead I cooked for 2 minutes per side and let it rest 5 minutes. It was some of the best steak that we have had and was VERY tender after being slice cross grain against the basis.

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    We do skirt steak often at the house.

Your technique sounds about right! I can't imagine what you'd have if you tried 5-7 miutes per side. An ugley piece of charcoal I guess.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Where are the pics? I did skirt steak last week and cooked them just like you said, 2 minutes a side. I'm sure yours looked alot like this:

P6020423.jpg

They are great!

Faith
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Oops, forgot to say I cooked at 450 dome.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini