Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question for Brock

Lambchops
Lambchops Posts: 166
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I have a quick question for you, we are the ones who made the bread. When you were doing the testing for Reinhart what brand flours were recomended? Also when making the poolish or sponges is it better to buy water ot to use tap? Thanks so much, Lambchops

Comments

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Thanks for writing -- Hope this post doesn't get buried.

Peter did not recommend any specific flours... just instructions to use bread flour.

He recommends using water with naturally dissolved minerals... not to use highly chlorinated, or distilled... I use a bottled spring water from Arkansas, which we get in glass bottles.

I have reverse osmosis in my home, but that also removes minerals...

Suggest experimenting with sources of water, as it affects the taste [and in the case of flourides, chlorides -- negatively affects the yeastie-beasties.]

Good Luck!

~ B
  • Lambchops
    Lambchops Posts: 166
    Thank you very much. That is exactly what I needed to know. The next bread I will try is potato rosemary.