Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg of Lamb

Options
duchunter
duchunter Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonights cook was my first Leg of Lamb that I have ever cooked, and it turned out awesome!
The first thing I did was to trim off the fat, second the night before I roasted some garlic and cut slits into the the meat and inserted the roasted garlic, I then made a rub using brown sugar, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika. I then got the BGE up to 650 and did a very quick sear, about a 1 1/2 on each side, removed and brought the BGE down to 350 dome and cooked inderect for about 2 hours to a temp of 145 removed and rested for 15 mins and was perfect!

After quick sear added some fresh Rosemary...
LegofLamb001.jpg

Roasting away
LegofLamb003.jpg

All done and ready to come off....
LegofLamb003.jpg

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    They got some leg shanks at Wal Mart I've been wanting to try and now I will!! Absulutly great looking cook! :woohoo: Was the meat tinder cooking that long? Also whats with the foil?
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Nice work! Lamb roasted is a treat and it looks like you have enough meat there for leftovers too. Have a great day!
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    You must have alot of lamb lovers in your family. Sadly I don't. I'd love to do a whole leg let alone two. Very Nice!
  • duchunter
    duchunter Posts: 110
    Options
    JLOCKHART29 wrote:
    They got some leg shanks at Wal Mart I've been wanting to try and now I will!! Absulutly great looking cook! :woohoo: Was the meat tinder cooking that long? Also whats with the foil?

yes it was very tender, and I also convertted 2 people who did not care for lamb, ( mint sauce goes great with lamb) I used the foil on the lower part of the leg (smallest part) as to not over cook it quite so much and seemed to work well

Egg Family: Large and Medium Eggs and a Bradley Smoker