Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SUCCESS!!!

Options
Chef Boyaree
Chef Boyaree Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had my inaugeral Big Green Egg BBQ this weekend for about 16 adults. I had never cooked with the egg before, as I had an XL delivered last Wednesday. The menu was pulled pork, pulled chicken, smoked chicken wings, ribs, and sides (mac & cheese bake, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, and cornbread).

I had a little hitch in that I took the fire ring out because I thought I needed the room. I was under the impression that the use of the plate setter dictated that I should remove it. Anyway... it caused the charcoal to be used up before food was ready (about 14 hours in). I wrapped the pork butts in aluminum foil and had them in the oven at 300 until a new fire, with the fire ring, was built. Other than the hiccup, the meal was a huge success.

I want to thenk all the eggheads... especially Panhandle Smoker... for the help and support.

I'm thrillied with my purchase!

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Congratulations on your first cook - especially for the bravery shown by cooking for such a large crowd. Your tiny mistake was handled very well.

Next time will be even better.

Barry
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    I am glad it worked out for you and glad I could help. After that cook for that many people everything from here on should be a breeze. When you get a chance read up on some of the material I sent to you. It is some good info compiled from veteran Eggers. I it has helped me immensely.