Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ocala cooks and link to recipes

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,500
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Yesterday was a GREAT time with good food and even better company! My only "complaint" on the day was that my much better half (EggHatter) wasn't able to come this time, but we'll make up for that later.

I didn't get as many pictures of my cooks as I would have liked to (too busy getting things cut up and served), but here are a few.

First up is one of the Sausage/Chedder bread rolls (did two of these)...
P3210906.jpg
didn't get a pic of it cut though.

Next is the Ham/Asiago bread roll...
P3210912.jpg
How do you like my timer in the background?

and a close up of the inside (this has to be one of my favorite pics now)...
P3210916.jpg

Then came the shrimpburgers...unfortunately I only took one pic and it came out a little out of focus...
P3210918.jpg

And last, but not least, EggHatter's Chocolate-Nut Dream roll (used cashews for the nuts on this one)...
P3210919.jpg

The recipes for all of the above items are available at my website (link at the bottom) on the "BGE Cooks" page.

Again, it was a blast yesterday...already looking forward to Waldorf.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Jay, your food was awesome, as usual. Thanks for the recipes too.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Jay, I'll hang out and eat your cooking all day long. Thanks for saving us some shrimp burgers I love those things. Always great to see you and would only be better if Kathy could have made it.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hey Jay! It was a pleasure setting up next to you! What fabulous things you cooked!
    I got a few shots for you :)
    Picture944.jpg
    Picture945.jpg
    Picture951.jpg
    Picture970.jpg
    Picture975.jpg
    Picture976.jpg
    Picture977.jpg
    every time I got a chance to look over there was another golden ring waiting to be cut. the chocolate one and the asagio cheese one heaven!
    and the shrimp bites.... I am so glad I was right there waiting :) Julie
  • omba
    omba Posts: 241
    Jay,
    It was really great to meet you.
    Thanks for all the smiles! :)
    And BTW ...
    Chocolate Nut Dream is very high on Pam's wish list!
    Thanks,
    Peter
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    As usual, your food was awesome! I did miss seeing Kathy though. It was great cooking next to you!
  • SSN686
    Morning Julie:

It was fun being next you too! When I got home and told Kathy I cooked next to a "hooker", her response was "WHAT!". Once I explained she didn't have a problem with it! :woohoo: :lol: :woohoo:

One thing I have learned from all of the Fests I have been to is to make sure the people next to you get samples (that way they make sure you get samples of their cooking). Everything you did yesterday was quite tasty too!

Thanks for the kind words and pictures...I'll add them to my collection!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Morning Peter:

A pleasure to meet you and Pam. It was fun being next to you because I never knew what I would hear next! :laugh:

Maybe you could christen the new large with the Chocolate-Nut Dream Roll (if Pam can wait that long)????

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Morning Todd:

Thanks for the kind words. I missed having Kathy there too, but thanks to you and your boys help at times I was able to keep up with everything that she would have normally helped me with!

Let me know if you need some gloves next time :ermm: :P

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Morning Faith:

Great seeing you again, just sorry it took y'all so long to get there. Next up is Waldorf...see you there?

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Morning Pat:

Like I told Julie...got to make sure those nearby get samples so they return with samples of their food!

Kathy will be along next time...not as much fun without my number one helper!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Have to agree with you Jay. That is one nice pic.

Mike
  • SSN686
    Morning Mike:

Thanks! On the camera it is hard to tell about a pic, but once you download to the computer then you can tell whether it is good or not.

Wish you could have been there too, it was a good day!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Thanks for the great pics and recipes!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]