Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blues Hog

Options
Broc
Broc Posts: 1,398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How long is this [great!] stuff going to last when it's refrigerated? :ermm:

I got some going on eighteen months, now...

:whistle: Use or toss...? :unsure:

~ Broc

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I've had some around for more than a year, because I buy a gallon, and I did notice a slightly metallic flavor after it was old. But I don't think it will go bad because of the vinegar (Ph). Taste a little bit. If it seems "off", then chuck it.

Now a question. What's this "great" sauce doing in your fridge for a year and a half?

Cheers! And thanks for the bread tips. It was really good....though it was a little wet and heavy. Could have cooked longer. I pulled it off at 204 internal, but think it could have stood 210. But the loaf didn't have a chance. We ate it all in one sitting. Thanks again!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I agree with Nature Boy, shame on you. Thats some mighty fine sauce. I added onion and Blues Hog to bush's baked beans a few nights ago and they were great.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Hasn't been in my fridge for a year and a half... I "inherited" it following last summer's competition season... and have been doing right by it! Thet Be Good Stuffs!

Thanks for the advice!

~ Broc
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Nooo kidding. I just got my first bottle of it a week or so ago (after I found out that it's in a lot of stores here, being made just a couple of hours from STL) and made spares with it for my Superbowl party. My wife said they were the best I'd ever made, and I didn't disagree.