Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey, PWise...

Options
jeffinsgf
jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope you saw my post yesterday regarding your refried beans. They were spectacular! I converted the measurements to US standards and posted it in the recipes. Thanks again.

Comments

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Options
    heeeeeeeeey!! I hadn't seen it till today! I'm really glad you liked them and that the blender didn't explode on you (I guess it was better not to use it as you say hehe) last thing you want is hot beans all over you and your kitchen haha :woohoo:

And I'm glad you posted the recipe, of course you have to try them the next time with diced fried-pork-skin (chicharron) and using this rendered fat in the beans along with the lard (nothing should be wasted :lol: ) and if you like update the recipe as an option hehehe

thanks for the credit! you give me too much! ;)
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    Pato,

We have an amusement park with a frontier theme near me (Silver Dollar City). They fry chicarron's in a huge cast iron kettle all day long and sell them in big paper bags. It's my favorite part of the trip! I'll have to try to make it home with some on our next trip and then whip up a batch of refritos to go with them.