Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtucky's Axiom part 2

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So now I know Tucky doesn't like Jack but we've been eating Jack drunk steaks for over 2O years so maybe it time to try something from the far north of Lynchburgh TN. These Reynolds bags are great not to waste the marinade booze. 1 pound of ribeye in a little Jack
IMG_0458.jpg

The steak wasn't that thick so 500 to start the sear. Not too cold out so an Eggshot
IMG_0460-1.jpg

The plated dish cooked the meat to 135 but now I think for thinner cuts a little lower may be beter. Tried to add some Jack pellets for smoke but the meat was already on the CI grate so I tossed the pellets in the foil packet on top of the grate after the sear.It really didn't add anything. Seasoned with Raising the Steaks and Ground Garlic during the hold. This is the way to go much better flavor not incerating the seasonings.
IMG_0461.jpg

Comments