Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I need to find some lump today

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The local wally world ran out sooner than I expected and I didn't get to stock up. HD Lowes and Wegmans are out. Superfresh occasionally has a bag of lump in the winter. Wholefoods or Amway may be my best bet. My fall back postion is Kingsford from Macaffrey's they do stock it year round. The last bag wasn't that sparky.

Comments

• Tom, do you have any Trader Joe's near you, the one here usually has a bunch of bags of Cowboy, I don't particularly like it but in a pinch it'll work, Zippylip too lazy to sign on & freez'n his berries off in PA
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Options
    That sux. My Wallyworld ALWAYS has Royal Oak lump (Made in USA). That is all that I think Wallyworld is good for. Of the 8 times I have had to go there in the past 4 1/2 years, 6 of them were to get more lump. Hope you find some...most of the grocery stores in my small town have a bag or two of a brand unknown to me, I'm sure you'll find something.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Even not so good lump is better than no lump :unsure: I restock when down to the last 2 bags ;) Hope you find it Tom
  • TomM24
    Options
    No trader joes very close. The Kingsford is a sure thing so I won't go into Egg withdrawal.
  • There is the other disaster scenerio, your egg dealer, they usually have bags of the BGE lump (I have never bought one, I refuse to pay $20 for a bag of lump). But you did get me thinking, I am down to 5 - 10 pound bags (3 Royal Oak & 2 Cowboy), I don't think I am gonna make it until Wally re-stocks in spring - Zippylip
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Tom,
    I can't help you on the lump unless you want to drive to Reading, PA :( . But, I think it was you that put up the post on the Buffalo Trace. When I picked up a bottle to try it, my one son was all excited because he was at a wedding recpt.last year and had it there and liked it. I'm trying to convince my wife that I need to have some each night for medicinal purposes :laugh: .
    (If it wasn't you that put up the post, I've just embarrassed myself :blush: )
    Brian in Wernersville, PA
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Certainly, there has to be another wally world close by. Maybe they have some.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    In Virginia, many ACE Hardware stores have Cowboy. It'll do just fine 'till you locate your favorite.
  • TomM24
    Options
    BH:

Yes it was me that posted the Buffalo Trace. Today I picked up a bottle of 1792 Ridgmount Reserve that Eggtucky posted the other. Haven't opened it yet.
  • Charleston Dave
    Options
    My nearest Wally World has sold out for the season as well. I suspect with the tight economy their MBA types are sharpening the pencils and avoiding any "excess" inventory. I scored the last 2 bags. They have no smoking woods either.

You might try an ACE Hardware. My local one carries Cowboy.

My local Pig and Publix also carry lump charcoal, of indeterminate brands.