Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Egg + The Big Mac = Pizza

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I forget who recently posted their attempt at duplicating a McDonald's burger.....It was an inspiration to me at the time, but I was not sure when it would unfold.

I decided..hmmmm...I've tried a Reuben Pizza, why not a Big Mac Pizza. I made one, it came out great and tasted very close to the original. After finishing the cook, I did a Google search and found out that it's not an original idea. But, try it on your Egg and you will not be disappointed.

2 all beef patties = 1LB of 75% ground beef
Special Sauce = Thousand Island Dressing
Lettuce= prepackaged cut lettuce, why go fresh :)
Cheese= Cabot American Slices, pulled apart
Pickles= Heinz Prem. Genuine Dill, sliced thin
Onions= pre diced, why go fresh :)
Sesame Seed Bun= Pizza Dough with Sesame Seeds
100_1809.jpg

Prepare your wood Pizza Piel with whatever you like. Make sure it includes those Sesame Seeds for the effect.
100_1812.jpg

Here's a close up.......
100_1813.jpg

OK, barely cook the burger with a few onions....and mix in an unhealthy amount of salt to taste....or to match the Mickey D flavor :ohmy:
100_1814.jpg

Here it is cooking....with steam. I saw a recent post including steam from a Prime Rib and became inspired :woohoo:
100_1815.jpg

Save some grease from the burger cook....It's important.
100_1818.jpg

Spread some of that grease around the edges of the crust ans sprinkle with Sesame Seeds. The rest of the grease should be spread all over the dough.
100_1820.jpg

Special Sauce
100_1821.jpg

Burger
100_1822.jpg

Cheese.....I also added a little shredded cheddar.
100_1823.jpg

On the Egg using your favorite Pizza setup. I like going high in the Dome using a rib rack.
100_1825.jpg

Took the setup lower for the last minute and added onion, pickle and lettuce.
100_1826.jpg

Final Product.......
100_1828.jpg

Enjoy :lol:
100_1831.jpg

Comments