Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cast Iron Grate for large price?

Options
Jail egger
Jail egger Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What can I expect to pay?
What should I cook on it first to cure it?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    About $40 is what I remember paying.

No use curing it, the next time you get over 500 degrees anything on it will burn away anyway. Just wash it then go to town.

Every time I use mine I give it a shot of Pam after it cools a bit.
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
    Options
    Just bought one for a friend and it was 46.95 +tax. I just put mine on the grill and started cooking. I use a wire brush to clean it after every cook. Once in a while I will get the egg up to about 500 degrees and leave it there for a hour. Hope this helps.
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I just bought one for my large and paid $45 for it. They told me they were giving me $10 off. Based on what others are saying, I paid the right price.
  • Bob-O
    Options
    Just bought one for a friend and it was 46.95 +tax. I just put mine on the grill and started cooking. I use a wire brush to clean it after every cook. Once in a while I will get the egg up to about 500 degrees and leave it there for a hour. Hope this helps.
  • Bob-O
    Options