Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rig Extender Question

Lake Conroe Egger
Lake Conroe Egger Posts: 285
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone know of a tutorial available on the use of a Rig extender, sliding grate, spider setup. Also got a Woo2 for Christmas and it has a piece to it I cannot figure out for the life of me.

It was a GREAT Christmas - now need to figure out how to use all the new toys.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Tom's web site is very good and the photos with sample set-ups are the best.
    I think if you run through the web pages you will find all you need and think of others on your own.

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore

The best advice I can give you is to have a plan in your head before you get your Egg hot and even test fit your idea before you start your cook.

Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com shows most setups.

What piece do you have that you can't figure out? Is it the spider?
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Sounds like your Santa knew what to bring you for Christmas. I recommend you call TJV and he can walk you through whatever you need to know. Did you ever find the lump you were looking for around Conroe?
    Willis Tx.
  • Yep! Walmart had an ample supply of US made Royal Oak. Tried it, liked it and on my way to get some more!

Thanks for the tip.
  • Thanks for steering me to the website - the piece I was confused about appears to be an extender. I tried ever which way to fit it to the woo2 but it looks like it sits on the GRATE! Mystery solved.

Now if I can just figure out how to make the sliding racks on the rig extender work...?
  • Thanks, I went to the site and found a place to send a note for help. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

Also, I couldn't agree with you more on having a plan in advance. Went out to the eggs an hour ahead of time and started laying things out. Good thing because if I had waited until cook time the party would have much later than planned!

Cooked two slabs of huge beef ribs on one Egg wit the Woo2 indirect and four slabs on St. Louis spares on the other Egg with extender. All turned out excellent.

BTW, two of the spare racks were Berkshire pork with JH Pecan rub - The true winner of cook.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Sounds like you got a handle on every thing.
    I'm sure Tom will answer your emails for any questions.
    Tom is a super nice guy and all his stuff is quality.
    The nice thing about this forum is people call it like it is. If a product is crap or service is poor you will know about it here.
    I have the Adj Rig for my large, Flip Ring for my XL and an original Woo for my XL.
    I don't have any of the oval sliding racks. Your Santa was better than mine...
    darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas