Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First stab at a stuffed loin (lots of pics)

Options
BostonEggSox
BostonEggSox Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was inspired by the Pork Loin Mexicana recipe I saw in "Smoke and Spice". The loin itself came out nice, the accompanying salsa was AWESOME, the stuffing was bland. I added a finely chopped mango to the salsa to increase the sweetness.

Overall, it rated about an 8, but could have been a 10
with a better stuffing.

Had to cut this monster in half. I used the thicker end and froze the unused portion.
100_1729.jpg

Cut it like a Swiss Roll and pounded it nice and flat.
100_1730.jpg

Emptied out the cabinets and found all the ingriedients for the rub.
100_1716-1.jpg
100_1738.jpg

After rubbing it went in a Ziploc rolled up and back in the fridge overnight. Next up, the salsa (no mango in picture).
100_1741.jpg

The next day, on to this simple stuffing.
100_1743.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the last picture I took before it went on the Large. I rolled it, tied it and on it went at 230 indirect for a couple of hours until the meat temp hit 125. It was then foiled with some of the salsa and some mop I never used during the cook. When it hit 145 it was taken out and rested for an hour. She sliced nicely.
100_1745.jpg

Comments