Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burnoff for Daisy wheel?

Bushgator
Bushgator Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is it ok to do a burn off (Daisy Wheel)with my plate setter in the oven ? It is really gummed up pretty bad.
and then do I just re season it for how long after the burn off? Thanks

Comments

• Shouldn't be a problem. I just set mine on the grate after the cook, and put the ceramic cap on.Keeps it pretty free. After everything is cool you can spray the daisy wheel with cooking spray if you think rust will be a problem
  • WOW come to think about it.... I never had a ceramic cap for mine :ermm: after five years and all my cooks, I just now realize I dont have one. lol see Boys n Girls to much partying at a young age can mess your brain up. Happy New Year To everyone!
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    I'd build a good sized fire in the Egg and burn it off there, instead of the oven. You'll get a fair amount of kinda nasty smoke off of it when you burn it off. You may not want that in the house. :sick:

I went for years without a ceramic cap. It will shut down the fire a little quicker than closing up the DFMT and keeps the Egg a little drier if your Egg lives in the weather. I bought a replacement just a few months ago and kinda kicked myself for putting it off so long.