Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- I am not a conspiracy theorist.... but

Firestarter21
Firestarter21 Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone else noticed a TON of helicopters lately. And no not the local news choppers. I am not a helicopter expert, but I have noticed several a day, at different times of the day. One just flew by, but earlier today I saw two flying together. Definitely military, just too weird. I googled "alot of helicopters lately" last night and some people were talking about them in other parts of the country about 3 weeks ago. I am in Atlanta and my school shares a property line with Dobbins AFB, but I have been seeing them up at my house in Woodstock also. Just interests me. Anyone else noticed this lately?

Comments

• Sounds like a Mel Gibson movie I saw a few years ago. Did you buy a copy of "Catcher In The Rye" today? :laugh:
  • I know, haha. I see probably an average of 20 airplanes and jets from the AFB everyday, but I have never seen so many helicopters over so few days. Just seems odd, I just wonder what they are up to or training for.
  • Thanks for seeing the humor, after sending it I said "oh oh, we may have another night like last night." LOL. I Have not heard anything, but it will be interesting if we hear others reporting the same in their area.
  • I was away from my comp last night, did some drama break out on the forum?
  • Some guy went off for no reason, making a fool of himself. then thought it would be smart to look down his nose at a certain member because that members job was not as impressive as his, which is being a lawyer. The person who was being "looked down on" (at least I think it was him) did a little digging and found out that the guy was not a lawyer. Looking down your nose is bad enough, but looking down your nose from an imaginary perch is ludicrous. The funny thing is, he was losing badly even before we found out he was a liar.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    It's too cold to grow those plants outside right now any how. Put them in and solve both probkems. You crazy college kids! B)
  • Funny. No, I figured a few peeps might give me a hard time on my observation, but Fidel and a few others are rather smart and might have some insight on why we might see an avg of 5 helicopters a day all the sudden, when some of us are used to seeing 1 every 1-2 weeks. Just figured what broader group of people do I have to turn to, to ask such a question. I will look for that post you mentioned and try and catch up on what I missed.
  • Burn it all...in little tiny increments B)
  • That thread became pretty heated, and was 86'ed.
  • Yes, we ran that thread through the "virual shredder".
  • Unfortunately Todd, in todays economy can't mess with that stuff. Who do you think will be the first to go when the office starts cutting jobs! :lol:
    Thanks for the advice tho.
  • WPB,

It just ain't fair. Miss the forum for a couple of nights and miss all the action. C'mon put it back up. Please.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I know nuth-thing 'bout no helicopters.

Spring "Area 51½ Infomation Officer" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Haven't noticed any helicopters but I saw some strange stuff a couple of weeks ago.

About 10 local cop cars were all at an intersection near my house. They all peeled out in 4 directions and one cop hit a lady's car while he was flying away. When I approached the intersection I saw a armored Humvee with about 4 Soldiers outside with M-16s.

Strangest thing I've seen in a long time. Never made the news either.

Don't rememeber the date but it was the Marine Corp Birthday.
  • Steven,
    I have probably missed the forum 3 days/nights in the last year. Well last night, I gave a speech in a class and it went absolutely incredible. I ended talking for about an hour and a half and the teacher ate it up. All the questions were very engaging and everything.... anyways, I end up coming home and celebrating with a few and skip the forum last night. Guess I won't do that again. Fwd the post to me if you get your hands on it and I will do the same for you if I get a hold of it ;) haha, have a good evening.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Nov 10th.

Ya'll might have seen some DHS drills
  • Barrett,

Will do. I never miss the forum but the last two nights I have been ill. Don't eat southern Mexican eggs sunny side up. I always misss the good stuff ;)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Bobby, that is pretty weird. Something similar happened to my dad a little over a year ago. My dad was making burgers, his grill sits in the driveway. He noticed a Monte Carlo sitting in front of our house at around 6pm. Well he went inside and enjoyed dinner with the family. My brother was having a girlfriend over and my dad didn't feel comfortable with her going to her car without him walking out with her. She got in her car and left and my dad went on to shine a flashlight on the guys tag, then at his solid black widows. The guy rolls down his window and tells my dad he is a cop. My dad says, I don't think so, let me see some ID. The guy flashes a badge and tells my dad they are investigating a neighbor who is not paying child support and my dad needed to go away before he blew his cover. Well, my dad does some chores around the house and goes outside at about 11 pm and watches over 15 cop cars and a swat team and tons of other cops surround a house down the street. Turns out, some new neighbors had been there a few weeks and no one noticed anything abnormal. Well, big brother watched a marijuana shipment come all the way from Mexico to the house down the street. It turned out to be about 20 garbage bags, I think in the 10,000 lb range and several thousand in cash. Very surprising to say the least.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    blame it on chemtrails. and the fake moonlanding.

i'm starting to think that maybe they faked faking the moonlanding, so that we'd THINK they faked it, but they actually faked the fake so we'd have no idea that they really DO have the technology to travel through space. i mean, the aliens gave us the technology at Area-51, so we had the technology to pull it off, right? see? see what i'm saying? also, i have a suspicion that pork butt is made from soylent green. and we all know what soylent green is made from.

because pork butt tastes a lot like human flesh. um. some guy told me that.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Wow, you must be off your meds again stike.

Barrett, what kind of birds and what time of day? My first guess is if they are military birds like you say there are two likely scenarios. If they are mostly CH-47 Chinook or CH-53 Sea Stallions they are working drills at the NAS. If they are more warbirds like Apache and Cobra then they are possibly doing a shift from Ft. Rucker to Norfolk to deploy the birds.

Could also be you are seeing a Ranger training class on movement up to Dahlonega for the Mountain phase of training. A lot of times they will move Rangers in C-130 to jump in or they will use Chinook or Blackhawks for the Rangers to rappel in.
  • stike
    meds are there for the government to keep us down, man. i drink pond water, not that flouride stuff. flouride makes you into a zombie, and keeps you from asking questions...

plus, the supposedly "anti-psychotic" medicine i'm supposed to take is also so they can control my mind. i flush the psych meds every morning after palming them houdini-style when the nurse gives them to me.

suddenly i'm not so stupid, eh?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I dunno man. You create an alter-ego and then argue with yourself on the internet for 6 hours the other night - makes a guy wonder about ya.
  • stike
    you should check out my hotel/hospital. downside is it's all white tiles, but we have cinnamon applesauce with dinner every night, so there's that.

tonight is movie night. some movie about a cuckoo's nest.
  • stike
    oh no you dinnit. who you kidding. :) that thread still exists. it is (or was) archived under the "flame wars" section of the site. yesterday it was searchable in the database, but clicking on the links would bring you to a "you are not authorized..." page.

i'm sure it's still there though. something tells me the sadist in you likes to keep them on file. or maybe it's used as evidence! hahaha :laugh:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Stike, the very scarcest part is you are raising KIDS! I have visions of little stikes out there taking over the world in a few years. the only hope it is that your poor dear sweet wife has more influence than you do.....
  • stike
    what did I do?
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC04782b.jpg

No choppers, but we get high altitude military jets all day long.

DSC04845.jpg

DSC04665a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery