Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gasket question

Options
Auburnegger
Auburnegger Posts: 127
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had the egg assembled and the technician told me to wait til tomorrow to cook on the EGG :angry: He said there was a small piece of the gasket that was not attached but he said he pushed down on it and it was very tacky so I should be fine. Except I have to wait til tomorrow to cook. I know he knows more about the egg than I do but do you think I have to wait til tomorrow????

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I would.. Let it set..

You will be OK trust me.. You will survive one more day :woohoo:
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 117
    Options
    I would wait until tomorrow. You will have to wait a couple days...plus do alot of cussing if you have to replace the gasket.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    That shouldn't be happening on a new egg. I'm guessin' you have one of the lots with the bad adhesive. Keep an eye on it during the next few cooks and if it fails, i.e. lifts from the base or dome anywhere, contact your dealer and remind him about the initial incident. Check back here as well if you have any problems...we can advise you further. If that was mine, I would build a small fire (about 1/2 the firebox filled) tonight and let it run until the coals burned out at about 250-300 degrees (with the LID CLOSED until tomorrow). This should help "set" the adhesive, but, remember.....once the fire is started, shut the dome and don't dare look until tomorrow.