Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egged Pot Roast

dhuffjr
dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been under the weather the last couple days but wanted to cook something today. Yesterday I noticed a roast sitting in the freezer that spoke to me.

We didn't have any carrots on hand so we started with onions and potatoes. I hit the meat with a blend of Raising the Steaks and Cow Lick. On the Egg at 300 with a pint of refined H20.

The second picture is 2 hours later when I added the carrots. At that time I covered it in foil and added another pint of water. For hour number 4 I removed the foil and added another pint with the picture coming at the end.

Mighty good eats. It was not falling apart though. I think next time I'll cook it covered with foil or the lid for a couple hours and then uncover for an hour to get the browning on the veggies.

Dennis "hater of viruses" Huff

PotroastreadtoEgg.jpg
PotroastonEggwithoutcarrots.jpg
PotRoastwithcarrotsadded.jpg

Comments

• looks good dennis. ...instead of just H2O though, go with a good hearty red wine. .. .should help it be more tender as well ... and give it even more flavor. .. also, after leaving it uncovered for that first hour or two, cover it tight and leave it covered tight for the next 2 - 3 hours. ..that should be enough to have falling apart. ..thats how i do my "jewish" briskets. .. simply 1 hour in the smoke, then one hour in the pot in the wine uncovered at 325, then two hours tightly sealed in foiled. ..still sliceable, but very tender. ...
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Good looking eats there! Did you have problem with it sticking? I always use platesetter or mine burns and sticks on the bottom.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    It did a little...but it always seems to in the oven too. I put the onions on the bottom as a buffer. Next time I'll use a platesetter too. Ate the lefteovers today and it was mighty good.