Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First try at a Photo...Smoked Chicken Breast

Options
Auburnegger
Auburnegger Posts: 127
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooks003.jpg

Cooks004.jpg

Hope this worked! These were some chicken breast I smoked for about an hour and half. Very moist and delicious. Unfortunately, I do not have my egg :angry: just yet so I am practicing on a vertical smoker.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    You may not have your egg yet but you still did a nice job. Hope you enjoy the egg when you get.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Auburnegger
    Options
    Thanks. Egg should be mine very soon. Just got to get that bonus check from last quarter! B)
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    A good start and I'll bet the chicken was finger lickin' good! You've got the photo-posting down right and that's something that many have to work on! One hint, if I may... the contrast ratio (light-to-dark) of your composition exceeded the the limits of your camera.
    Next time, try using a plate/dish that comes closer to the primary color of the food you've prepared (in this case, the skin of the the chicken). Then you will have an agreeable balance between your subject & the background. Also, try to shoot under a good source of available light. Flash is great but it can create a harsh rendition of what you're after. Check out a good photo editing program when you want to get really creative!!

Happy Eggin' & Shootin'!!
  • Auburnegger
    Options
    I did notice that in the photos. I will try other options because that one is really bright!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Looks good.But when you get your Egg you will be able to do great boneless breast of chicken cooked at 425 indirect in 1/3 of the time and have a moist finished product. I hope you do not have a long wait for your egg.