Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mesh screen

Options
James MB
James MB Posts: 359
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any idea how I can get hold of a couple of mesh screens for my mediums - I'm about to put one next to a timber house so it seems sensible to take any precautions I can.

btw - I'm in the UK

Comments

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    James,
    If you contact BGE HQ, I think they may be able to sell and ship.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/contact.html
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    James,

Depending how old your medium's are you should have received the screens with the new purchase.

I just called two dealers in my area. They don't carry extra screens. I have an extra small screen here but that won't work for you.

If I recall the egg distributor for you is in NL. The next solution would be BBQ HQ over here.

If you can't get a direct shipment to you from either location, someone over here can order and ship to you from the states.

Let us know if you need further help with this.

My daughter just called, she found & booked a round trip air to England from Chicago for $230. She wants to go over to Kent and look up some of my wife's family and so some sight seeing.

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Kent
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Medium and large eggs use the same screen.The bottom vent fits both eggs.Hope this helps.
    Larry
  • James MB
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
    I've emailed HQ but guess this is a commercial issue. I got the eggs in Feb but no telling how old they are, or in fact if they ever plan to include screens on export ones - I guess the market decides. One thing - the video cassette included certainly wouldn't work in my VCR.
    I think they may have come in via Ireland so I could try them, I think they have a shop in Wales that I can ring.
    I also notice they are for sale on Fred's Music & BBQ site so I can see if the shipping is reasonable. Ironically I already have a shipment from there sitting in UK customs awaiting payment of charges but they can't tell me the reference number to pay the charges! I was after some coozies too (it's a long story) but Fred has stopped selling them. Perhaps I'll beg a favour here if I don't get any news from elsewhere.

I hope your daughter enjoys Kent, it's not an area I know but lots of people rate it as the Garden of England.
    (now I wonder if she could get a small egg in her baggage .............!)

Good luck with your experimentation too.
    Regards
    James
  • joncro55
    Options
    This place sells wire mesh screens:

http://www.bwire.com/

Try them out, good prices, and can ship whatever size pieces that you might need very fast.

Check out their site for more info.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    James,, I thing I still have your address and would be happy to pick them up and ship. Do you still have my Email?
    Wife loved the literature you sent.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Just noticed the date on the post,,, he already has the screens