Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight\'s fatty & more...

Options
Bama Chad
Bama Chad Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fatty filled with onions, mushrooms, japs, & mozz. cheese...cooked much faster than I thought probably due to lots of filling (thin shell)...still turned out yummy.

Throwing in a couple of pics of last night's cook as well..artichokes as an app, top sirloin as main pulled around 140...still prefer a bit more rare so will have to work on my pulling temps :unsure:

Just doing a little cooking & watching some college football in the South! :woohoo:

DSCN2002.jpg

Fatty on the grill

DSCN2005.jpg

Sliced

DSCN2007.jpg

trust me, the crackers are for presentation only..nothing else needed..

DSCN1985.jpg

artichokes...steamed/boiled for about 30 min..then on the grill for about 5-10...sauce/baste is olive oil with fresh garlic, black pepper & salt..one of our fav apps...

DSCN1991.jpg

sirloin ready to go with some DP raisin the steaks...
Filets are my fav but these turned out incredible!

DSCN1997.jpg

Looking good but still want a bit more rare...
Just cooked them around 450..cast iron did a good job of searing..didn't have the patience for t-rexing but they turned out wonderful...the were a big hit with "female bama"

Just felt like posting on a slow pic day...hope all our Texas eggers made it through Ike OK!

Roll Tide!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i ate a steak that looked alot like that one tonight.. i thought it was overdone also... what a coincidence ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bama Chad
    Options
    BENTE,

I agree, though I will say it was rarer than the pic makes it look...what do they say about the camera adding 10 pounds? :P
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    how many cameras are on me right now??? 10 20 :blink: :whistle: :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Great Pix..thanks for sharing!..hehe..for a minute there I thought you were talking about pulling the fatty at 140!.. :blink: :P