Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Setting Egg on Firebricks

BBQ Lady
BBQ Lady Posts: 10
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night after reading the page about table fires and exploding tiles (http://www.nakedwhiz.com/eggbase/eggbase.htm) I decided that I wanted to build my table so that my BGE would rest on firebrick. My other wants are: 1. Plenty of air circulation beneath the egg 2. to keep the cart's weight down for moveability 3. To have the ashes that fall out of the draft door fall on the firebrick and of course 4. a secure place for my egg to reside on.

I have already constructed the cart's frame. Does anyone see a problem with the way I have laid the firebrick out leaving the empty space between the two rows of brick? The brick is secure from the supports underneath and I will be able to secure the bricks from their short ends (so they can't fall off the table) when I add the front and back pieces of the lower shelf.

I live in a high danger fire area so I take all the precautions I can!
Thanks for your help!

BBQ Lady

Comments