Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatty\'s gravy and biscuits

Options
lil goat
lil goat Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made some Fatty's last weekend and brought them in with biscuits Monday morning to work, did some stuffed and some plain. Someone had the idea to make a fatty and chop it up and make sausage gravy with it. I am going to try it this weekend. I just use Emeril's rib rub for the rub, everyone seems to like it and it is not to spicy, most likely will toss some in the gravy.

At home I use a much hotter rub made from equal parts gahlic, cayenne, montreal seasoning, and coffee then put in a blender to make it a bit finer, I use this rub on pretty much everything and it packs some heat.

by the way, I just checked my temp gauge on my dome, per instructions from Dr. BBQ, it was reading almost 50 degree's high. Easy to fix THANKS Doc! I was wondering why my BBQ Guru and dome temp never agreed.

Comments

• lil goat
    Options
    Well I tried it and here is the lesson I learned, be spring with the rub on the Fatty's if you are going to use them in gravy as a little goes a long way. But It still came out very well and was well recieved at work