Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Clay's Pulled Beef.... Oh the wait :=)

Pharmeggist
Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Eggheads,
I bought two chuck roasts on sale for 2.99 a pound.
For newbies I am using the recipe off this forum.

click on link:
http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=431

I have done this before and I know it is DEFINATELY worth the wait :silly:

I am 7 1/2 hours into the cook so far. :whistle:

So sad I have to get up at 6am tomorrow to get ready and work tomorrow in the Church nursery with my wife. :blush:

What is everybody else up to tonight???

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    I'm just about ready to call it a day. Did a nice batch of beer brats and 4 ears of sweet corn in the egg for dinner.

Good luck with the pulled beef! I have one foodsaver bag left in the freezer to re-heat before I can smoke up more chuck roast. ;)
  • I wish I could have had your dinner tonight.... long story short I wound up getting Chic Fil A... at least deep frying isn't something I can do on the egg RIGHT :woohoo:
  • Clay Q
    Yeah, best to order something you don't make at home.

How much longer do you think the pulled beef will go before it's done?
  • Well it is at 209 right now in phase 2...

I was thinking about taking the meat off the egg and pulling it.

Maybe cheat and put it in a crock pot after pulling it and adding water and maple syrup and going to bed.

What do you think :silly:
  • Clay Q
    You could pull it now, should be ok to pull-check with a fork to be sure. After pulling apart, removing gristle and fat, you could finish the second smoking tomorrow. Just put it all in large freezer bags or a sealed container and into the frig for tonight.
    That should work fine, and give you some needed rest.
    Tomorrow's another day and you could fire up the egg in the afternoon to fininsh the cook.
    Let us know how it turns out!
    See ya then.
  • I am taking your advice :blink: I can't stay awake any longer....
    I will give you an update tomorrow... uh hum later on today :lol: :silly:
  • B) Can you tell me if a place setter is REQUIRED to make pulled beef, or can you just set the meat on the cooking grate with nothing between the charcoal and the meat?
  • I use my plate setter everytime for this cook.... so I WOULD strongly recommend it. Beef is a trickier cook than Boston Butt so do a Butt first.