Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Move the Egg or Buy New?

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All -

Unforunately summer is winding down, and I have a decision to make. I currently have a Large BGE and a Small BGE (both purchased within the past three months).

I know that Egging season is year round, and that is what presents the problem. Both of my Eggs are currently at my Lake home, and soon we will be moving back to our other home which is about an hour and a half away. I know the small is going with me, but my question is what to do with the Large. It is so big and heavy but yet fragile, it seems like a pain in the butt to move. I see three options

Option #1)
- Move only the Small and try to make due on it until next summer.
PRO - I don't have to move the Large
CON - I don't have access to the Large, and I am definitely spoiled with both right now.

Option #2)
- Suck it up and move the Large home as well
PRO - I didn't have to buy a new one
CON - Not only do I have to move in once, I will be doing this every Spring and Fall

Option #3)
- Leave the Large and the Lake home and buy a New Large for the other home.
PRO - Solves the moving problem
CON - Now I have three eggs (wait, shouldn't that be a pro). Actually it is just the cost of the third.

I really like option 3, but packaging to the wife for another egg may be a little tough.

Any thoughts are recommendations would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Comments