Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Glad I had enough toothpicks

CPBCPB Posts: 133
edited 12:11AM in EggHead Forum
First attempt at ABTs. Got a chile grill for my birthday. I am letting them cool, most recipes recommend a drink at this stage..............
CIMG1606.jpg
CIMG1609.jpg
CIMG1610.jpg

Comments

• Great looking ABT's. The green collar of the peppers remings me of the BGQBE

Louie
  • CPBCPB Posts: 133
    How did you know green was my favorite collar??!!!!!
  • I thought gray was your favorite collar, but after the BGE arrived @ QB, you said green was your favorite collar

Louie
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,519
    wowser - each of those poppers look like a meal! In the future if you can't buy peppers that big you might try the Missionary style and make them into boats - thus saving on the number of toothpicks required!

IMG_1288.jpg
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • CPBCPB Posts: 133
    Very nice, I think you method is better as they were 3 bites per piece, a little large. I did not use any smoke, how long did you cook yours.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 22,519
    no real rule, but normally 350 indirect for say 40-45 minutes. Just kinda get a hang for the look/color/desirability of the ABTs in direct relation to the number and time allotted compared to the number of guests present! :P
    L, M, S &  Mini

Ron
    Dunlap, IL