Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest/ team dessert anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I am the boss, and yes, you can cook ribs for me.
    :P
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chubby will add extra spices to yours like he did grape boys a couple years ago. :woohoo: ;)

Mike
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    ALLRIGHT!!!!!! you just made my night!!!!! i'm thrilled that you and brent are going to be there!!!!. ..heck, i'm so thrilled, i think i'll use my executive privalige as chief potentate of team dessert and give that celtic wolf fellow the boot and insert you in his place!!!! heeeeeee . ... (just kidding wolfie - you're still welcome). .. .as for aprons ..i'm working with al to come up with t-shirts. . .the spawn and i are busy working up one of our famous "top tens". . .the theme is "top ten reasons to be part of team dessert" at this year's eggtoberfest. ... trust me, no (including me and the spawn) is safe!!!!! .. . . its gonna be fun. ..

i'm so eggcited!!!!! ... . and really glad you guys are gonna be there. . . .the goal is to have the entire back line be nothing but desserts!!!! (and yes, a little fresh alaskan salmon will certainly be welcome as well, and yes, you can join the ya-ya sisterhood for the throwdown if you want, this alaskan born native gives his permission, but only if you bring the spawn another pound of that coffee. ..she is clean out .. .
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    Chubby would never hurt me......unlike some people......
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    Holy moly - I haven't seen that many !!!s in a while! :laugh:

Well I might need two eggs - one for the salmon and one for the dessert. As for the throwdown, I think I will put my feet up and watch you two silly people run around.

Maybe.

I'll just have my glass of milk handy to dunk my dessert(s) of choice into! :)
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I have been searching and have a recipes I would like to try....if there is room.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    ok, i'm just glad you guys are coming :whistle: . ..been too long...where are you staying?. ..and you can still wear your team alaska apron over your team dessert t-shirt .. ..heck, maybe i'll bring the alaskan flag to hang outside your motel room window for you ... :woohoo:
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    if you have dessert, we have the room!!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I see how you are pajama man.... Well I can always cook the cheese cake for the opposing team...

Melissa you are still welcome to steal a bite or six..
  • AlaskanC
    Options
    Well seeing that the 18th of October is Alaska Day, I will be sure to be all Last Frontiered up. I don't even know what that means, but it will come to me I'm sure. :)

I definitely will have a flag for my door. Hey - crap - I don't know where we will be staying!!! Where are all the fun people staying??
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    the official place, the comfort suites, is already booked. ... the spawn and i are sharing a suite with chubby and ann at the now famous "texas joint", the marriott place up on northlake that we've stayed at the past 3 years. ..nice place and all the rooms have kitchens. .. i'll email you the details. .. .
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    well, i hope at least you can tell the difference between 'cooking' a cheesecake and 'baking' a cheesecake!! . . .personally, every REAL newyork cheesecake i've ever eaten was baked, not cooked, so now you've got me wondering, floppy-hat-boy :woohoo: . ..no wonder you can't tell the difference between pants and pajamas
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Sooo easy to rile you up pajama boy.

Adjective

* S: (adj) cooked (having been prepared for eating by the application of heat)

Verb

* S: (v) bake (cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven) "bake the potatoes"

Since I don't bake with COLD my cheese cake will be cooked by baking.