Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just Rambling about my EGG

emilluca
emilluca Posts: 673
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These things are both a blessing and a curse. I have dealt with Obesity my whole life. I had to have LrNY surgery to control my weight. I now use the egg to give me FLAVOR and TEXTURE. I tend to keep most cooks on the MINI because it helps me and the wife stay to a sensible portion size. I enjoy what comes of the egg compared to any other cooking method.
The pics I see from cooks sure look good but I worry about "IS it TO MUCH FOOD". Please be careful, as you age you will pay a price for not trying to burn more calories then you eat.
Thanks for Listening to my typing. Hope I didn't anger anyone and please I am NOT trying to judge.
E

Comments

• reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    My husband lost 20lbs and I lost 15lbs since we got our EGG. It's amazing how healthy you can cook on it. We have a L but we freezer vac the leftovers in portion controlled sizes for lunch at work. We drive all our co-workers crazy when we start warming our cooks up in the microwave.:)
    Have a great day!!
    Anne
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Our eating habits have changed a lot since we got our eggs. there are special treats that are high in fat, but those are few and far between. I think we all tend to show our "crowning glories" on here. I know we used to go through about 2 lbs of butter a week :blush: with just the two of us. and now a pound lasts almost a month. we are using a lot more EVO and cooking a whole different way. Of course the garden is heavy with egging goodies and there are a few nights a week it is all veg's. Congrats at the weight lose and keeping it off. that is a struggle that you have won! ;) Julie
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    We've cut butter in our house completely. I do keep 2 sticks just in case but usually end up throwing them in the garbage because they go bad. We use strictly Pam butter flavored spray. It's great on popcorn, it crisps up fried potatoes unbeliveably well too. We also use tons of the refrigerated butter spray. Even on toast it's great.
    Thanks for your post!
  • Emil,
    I have been on a high protein ( great eats from Egg ) for three weeks and have lost 15 pounds. Now have meals pre-packaged in vacuum sealed bags. It works for me.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks