Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I cooked some'en: Fish tacos and mango sause

JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited 11:23PM in EggHead Forum
Never tryed fish taco's so made some with talopia tonight. Just kind of made up a mango salsa to go with it of mango,onion,seedless grapes,1/2 "Arkansas death pepper" :laugh: ,salt,cracked pepper,Jamacian all spice,fresh lime juice and last but not least fresh horseredish root from a good friend!
EARLYAUG023.jpg

Tossed it all in a food processer and combined to a slightly chunkie past.
EARLYAUG024.jpg

Next the talopia with fresh lime juice, light caoting of EVOO, thin sliced garlic, and Old Bay seasoning.
EARLYAUG027.jpg

EARLYAUG032.jpg

EARLYAUG033.jpg

Looks kind of empty but was really good. Wife couldn't eat much of the salsa as afraid it would hurt her stomic. I even dipped tortilia chips in salsa which was good.
EARLYAUG034.jpg

Is there anything more relaxing than watching the smoke rise up on a late summer afternoon? Even Susie was in a coma! :laugh:
EARLYAUG029.jpg

EARLYAUG030.jpg

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,251
    Funny you should mention fish tacos. Looks good.

Had a fish taco for lunch yesterday and it was so good we cooked some more for dinner last night. No pictures but mine were simple frozen filets with batter, indirect heated on the Egg and served on a soft flour tortilla with some mayo/jalapeno/cilantro dip mixture and thin sliced red cabbage. A touch of fresh ground pepper and some salt rounded out the flavors.

Meanwhile, I thought you would appreciate tonight's dinner: grilled catfish filets with a little olive oil, some DP Shakn' the Tree and lemon dripp'ns, with sides of steamed broccoli and cauliflower, peppered tomato slice and a grilled slice of oiled and DP'd red onion.

Pretty decent meal. See...

CatfishDinner8-22-08.jpg

I just didn't want you to think I'm all Ranch and no Chickens... LOL

Spring "Had The Girls Working Tonight" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    The fish looks great JL. Love to have that view and the room for the mutts to play. Nice cook, nice pics and great presentation.
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Lookin good JL :woohoo: I see Susie had a busy day :lol: Rex is playing basketball :lol: ;)

061.jpg
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Now that looks like a meal!! Wife's gut want let her eat much onion or strong flavors and I love it all. The moer intense the better.
    Thanks for the compliment Pat but we both know the presintation was not up to par!!! :laugh: Had over 8 inches of rain in the last 2 weeks and the grass is jumping. Mowed, B-Hoged and weed eat all day. Not complaining! Just something to fill the old bellie tonight! ;)
    Pooch is growing! Just hope he isn't part cat and using the kids sand box! :sick:
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    No,that's my sandbox.It's one of my horseshoe pits.Now I know why my horseshoes stink though :sick: :lol:
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Be thankful Jl. We got close to 30" since monday. Combine that with the wind and it wasn't fun, but could have been worse. Google the weather with 32935 zip code. great job on the fish.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Fish Tilapia Tacos....YUM>>>>YUM......mango sauce with them...... well that's typical JL innovating....
  • Nice looking tacos JLo. Looks like Suzie had a long day.
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Nice looking cook. Looks like your poopie just got her belly full of fish tacos, and enjoyed them too.
    She's almost 13 years old and doesn't get anything to speak of to eat after 12 noon. Her old belly isn't what it used to be!! ;) She gets her "Bar bee Que" in the mornings. Course I slide her small bites on the side. :P
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    DSC05858JPGa.jpg

Whoa, I made fish tacos tonight too!! I used flounder seasoned with chili powder and a panko coating. Served on warm corn tortillas, the topping choices were roasted peppers, cabbage slaw, radish, green onion and cilantro. The last step was a squirt of lime juice.

DSC05825JPGa.jpg

DSC05837JPGa.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    Show off! Wife saw it and went to asking why her's didn't look like that! :laugh: Great looking cook.
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I could FedEx her one, but there's none left...
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    :laugh: She ended up eating mac&cheese later tonight. That pepper/horseradish salsa put an end to her tacos! :whistle:
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Looks like I missed the fish taco night message. All look good. The wavy plate is perfect for tacos.
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    You missed your true calling, you need to open your own place and do this for money! $$$$$$$$ :P
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP