Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I cooked some\'en: Salmon/puff pastery & romaine

JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited 11:42PM in EggHead Forum
Worked off days and have the week end off. Still had 1/2 of the puff pastery left from the last cook and was really good AND quick so did it again with grilled romaine. For those who didn't see the cook the other day, the recipe is from Giada at Everyday Itialian.

4 pieces of purchased puff pastry, each cut to be just larger than a piece of salmon
4 (4 to 6-ounce) pieces salmon
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup purchased pesto
2 tomatoes, sliced

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
On a foil-lined baking sheet, place the 4 pieces of puff pastry. Also place the 4 pieces of salmon, being careful to make sure they are not touching. Sprinkle each piece of salmon with 1 tablespoon of the sliced almonds. Bake for 10 minutes.

To serve, place each piece of puff pastry on a plate. Top each puff pastry with 1 tablespoon of pesto. Top the pesto with 2 slices of tomatoes each. Top the tomatoes with the salmon and serve

EARLYAUG013.jpg

EARLYAUG015.jpg

EARLYAUG016.jpg

EARLYAUG017.jpg

The nice part about this cook is everything cooks at same time and temp except of course the romaine which goes right on the grill after the main cook is done and since the Egg is good and hot there is no pause for temp adjustment. This is the 1st time I have done romaine but was great and will do again.

EARLYAUG018.jpg

EARLYAUG020.jpg

Good meal and of course:Jake approved! :laugh:

EARLYAUG021.jpg

EARLYAUG022.jpg

Comments

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Gosh JL you never cease to impress me with your cooks. DE LI CIOUS!!!
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Think I did miss the first post. Very nice JL.
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Looks great JL.I'm glad to see that Jake approves :woohoo: :lol: ;) I gotta try that puff pastry :woohoo:
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,700
    Is that one of those Arkansas Death Peppers lurking around in the photos?
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Good-looking dinner, JL. Jake looks about ready to dig in before you and the missus.
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    just beautiful.. glad you recovered from your virus... nothing like a little giada to make you feel better. jake looks like he is ready to dive in .. hope it is a good weekend.
    bill
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    JL..I think you said 'puff pastry' five times in that post and didnt misspell it a single time!!..lol..j/k.. great lookin cook bud! ..oops..just saw..except in the TITLE of the post...'pastery'...doh!
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Great looking meal! Nice job.
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Wanted how your "inners" were after the Death Pepper!! :laugh:
    Yep. Keep the worms out of the system! ;)
    Only because I had a package to copy off of!
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    hahaha! :) :P :lol: :woohoo:
  • Hey J nice looking cook. Also I like you setup for that cook.